Fluoropolymer Market Overview
The size of the global fluoropolymer market will increase 249.50 kilotons between 2017-2022, accelerating at a CAGR of close to 6% during the forecast period. This growth in market size will be attributed to the superior properties of fluoropolymers such as their non-adhesiveness, low friction, non-stick nature, resistance to chemicals, heat, shock, and moisture, and its high dielectric quality. These properties have led to the wide-scale adoption of fluoropolymers in various end-user industries such as electrical and electronics, aircraft, construction, ICT, household kitchenware and healthcare, propelling the fluoropolymer market growth. Furthermore, fluoropolymers’ inertness and barrier properties make it preferred polymer for miniaturization of circuits, thus leading to high demand from automotive and industrial sectors, to create light-weight and efficient vehicles and equipment. Other insights provided within our fluoropolymer market reports include:
Fluoropolymer Market Insights
- Due to their chemical inertness and being dielectric, fluoropolymers are in extensive demand for semiconductor equipment, lithium-ion batteries, electrical insulation, miniaturization of circuit boards, and electrical and electronics applications.
- The PTFE membrane market is expected to witness steady growth in the future because of the increase in applications in end-user industries and increased popularity of industrial process water reuse.
- Fluoropolymers are also being increasingly used in healthcare industry for pharmaceutical packaging, medical devices, and drug delivery, where they offer the best match to the industry’s unique performance criteria such as compatibility with living tissue, sterilization, lubricity, purity of the highest order, stability over a wide range of temperatures, and USP Class VI certification.
- The presence of a limited number of fluoropolymer polymer types, such as PTFE, PVDF, FEP, and ETFE, further intensifies the competition in the fluoropolymer market. The market vendors are developing an innovative product, maintaining a broad portfolio and coming up with green and sustainable polymers to stay competitive.
- In terms of regions, APAC dominates the fluoropolymer market demand because of the presence of a majority of end-user industries that require fluoropolymers. For instance, China is one of the largest markets for construction, electricals and electronics, industrial and household appliances, and automotive industries, and hence one of the largest consumers of fluoropolymers.
Fluoropolymer Market Share and Segmentation
Within our fluoropolymer industry research, we provide deep insights into the fluoropolymer market landscape, its segments, and their market share. Our research experts segment this market by fluoropolymer types and fluoropolymer applications.
Our fluoropolymer market segmentation research offerings include:
- Fluoropolymer Market by Type
- PTFE market (polytetrafluoroethylene)
- PVDF market (polyvinylidene fluoride)
- FEP market (fluorinated ethylene-propylene)
- Fluoroelastomers market
- ETFE market (polyethylenetetrafluoroethylene)
- PCTFE market (polychlorotrifluoroethylene)
- PVF market (polyvinylfluoride)
- Fluoropolymer Market by Application
- Fluoropolymer market for healthcare applications
- Fluoropolymer market for chemical processing applications
- Fluoropolymer market for automotive and transportation applications
- Fluoropolymer market for industrial applications
- Fluoropolymer market for electrical and electronics applications
- Fluoropolymer market for construction applications
We at Technavio, with our comprehensive understanding of the fluoropolymer market, have been monitoring the latest industry trends and developments to create an in-depth fluoropolymer market report portfolio. These reports help our clients identify opportunities within the market and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. Our fluoropolymer market reports offer the following insights:
- Fluoropolymer market size
- Fluoropolymers market share
- Fluoropolymer market growth
- Fluoropolymer market forecast
- Fluoropolymer market trends
- Fluoropolymer industry statistics
Fluoropolymer Market Research – Report Catalog